Save time! click here to start your instant quote

Travel Insurance FAQs

General questions

How do I contact you?

All the details you need to get in touch with us are on our Contact page. Call or email us. Whatever suits you best.

What are your opening hours?

Our customer service team is available Monday to Friday from 09:00 until 17:00. You can get in touch here.

Can I get a quote online?

Absolutely, it's easy. The simple step-by-step process takes just a few minutes to complete. Get started here.

Can I get cover if I'm already abroad?

We can only provide cover if you have not yet left the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. However we work with a number of specialist travel insurance partners who may be able to help you. Here's a list.

Can I get cover for a one-way trip?

At Travel Insurance Saver we can only provide cover for full trips that depart from, and return to, the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. However we work with a number of specialist travel insurance partners who may be able to help you. Find out more here.

How do I make changes to my policy?

It's easy to make changes to your policy - whether you want to change your dates of travel, your destination or your cover limits. Just call our customer service team on 0345 812 0047.

How do I get a copy of my insurance documents?

You should have received a copy of your insurance documents by email shortly after purchasing your policy. If that's not the case please visit our Contact page and request for your documents to be resent. We always recommend you check your junk folder before calling us.

Does my policy cover sports and activities?

A resounding yes. We provide cover for more than 125 sports and activities as standard when you are participating on a recreational and non-professional basis. You are not covered when participating in any sport professionally, or whilst racing or during a competition. Find out more about our included sports and activities cover here.

Do you cover winter sports?

We sure do. We provide cover for skiing, snowboarding and a number of other winter sports. (Snow shoe walking or tobogganing, anyone?) Our policies include cover for your equipment whether hired or owned as well as things like piste closure. We can even cover off-piste runs (within resort boundaries). Make sure you add the optional winter sports extension when getting your quote. Find our more here.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount you will have to contribute in the event of a claim. It's a normal part of most insurance policies and with Travel Insurance Saver, the excess is £50 on our Silver or Gold policies and £150 on our Bronze level of cover. You will have to contribute the excess per person claiming up to a maximum of two excesses per event. You won't have to pay any excess if you use a Reciprocal Health Arrangement, any other arrangement with another country or private medical insurance to reduce your medical expenses. Please see the Summary of Cover and Policy Wording for more details.

Am I covered to go on a cruise?

You are covered on a cruise as standard providing you have selected an area of travel that includes where you will be going on your cruise. We offer a Cruise option which provides additional cover if you are on a cruise. This will be offered to you during the quote process, but is only available on our Silver and Gold policies. If you have already purchased your policy, it's quick and easy to add the cruise extension. Just call us on 0345 812 0047.

What do you class as a cruise?

Good question. We define a cruise as a sea or river voyage of more than one night, where transport and accommodation is primarily on an ocean/river-going passenger ship, liner or cruiser.

Does Travel Insurance Saver offer all policy types to all destinations?

We offer a range of policies that make it easy to select the level of cover that's right for you, your plans and your budget. Our policies are available no matter where you are going - as long as the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office or a regulatory authority in the country to which you are travelling isn't advising against travel to your destination.

What options do I have when selecting a policy?

Our quote process is designed to help you get the cover that's right for you, your travel plans and your budget. There are three levels of cover available as well as a range of optional extras - such as cruise cover and winter sports cover - that allow you to make sure your policy is the right fit for your plans.

Do you cover business travellers?

Yes, of course. In fact we don't distinguish between business and leisure. So you will be covered to travel for business, for pleasure, on your own or with the family. It's up to you! Please note we cannot cover manual work involving the lifting or carrying of heavy items in excess of 25 kgs, use of power tools or machinery, work involving the use of scaffolding or ladders, working at a height above 6m, any electrical or construction work or any form of work underground.

Do you offer backpacker or long stay policies?

Not at the moment. But our sister brand - Travel Insurance 4 Medical - does provide backpacker and long stay policies and may be able to help you.

How do I make a claim?

The process of making a claim is easy. Everything is explained on our Claims page. All Travel Insurance Saver claims are handled by the insurer, which is Inter Partner Assistance S.A who are part of the AXA Group.

What is the maximum sum insured for cancellation expenses?

Our Gold policies provide up to £4,000 per insured person cancellation cover. Call us on 0345 812 0047 to find out more.

What happens if I need medical assistance while on holiday?

The best thing to do is to contact the emergency assistance service as soon as it's practical - even if your condition is minor. All the information you need is on this page.

Is my mobile phone covered by the policy?

Mobile phones are covered under the valuables section of the policy up to the maximum sum insured for the level of cover purchased. Take a look at the summary of the cover we offer here.

Are my gadgets covered?

It's increasingly common to take gadgets such as tablets, handheld games consoles and digital cameras on holiday. We cover these items under the valuables section of the policy up to the maximum sum insured for the level of cover purchased. Call our customer services team on 0345 812 0047 to find out more.

Do you cover non-UK residents?

We can only insure travellers who are permanently resident in the UK and registered with a UK GP. If that doesn't apply to you, we work with specialist partners who may be able to help you. You can find out more on this page.

Single trip cover

What is the age limit for single trip policies?

Technically speaking there is no limit. Cover is subject to completing a medical screening and us agreeing in writing to cover any pre-existing medical conditions.

What is the maximum trip length on a single trip policy?

We can cover travel for up to 63 days per trip with our single trip policies.

If I purchase my policy today, when am I covered from?

Your single trip policy covers you for the dates you specified when getting your quote - however your cancellation cover becomes active as soon as you have purchased your policy.

Do you provide policies for children or minors to travel on their own?

We cannot provide a policy for anyone aged under 18 to travel separately from the named adults on a single trip policy. Children insured on an annual policy will be covered to travel independently of the insured adults.

Annual cover

What is the age limit for annual cover?

We can offer annual policies for travellers aged up to 70.

What is the maximum individual trip length on an annual multi-trip policy?

With our annual cover you can travel as many times as you wish across the course of your twelve-month policy, for up to 31 days per trip.

Can named travellers on an annual policy travel separately?

Absolutely. Named travellers regardless of their age can travel together or separately with our annual policies. Either way you will be covered.

If I purchase an annual policy today, when am I covered from?

With annual policies you are covered for cancellation from the start date you specified, which will be marked on your policy documents. If you would like to bring the start date forward in order to be covered sooner, please call our customer services team on 0345 812 0047.

Do you provide policies for children or minors to travel on their own?

Those travellers aged under 18 will be covered to travel separately from the named adults on an annual policy.

Medical questions

Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?

Yes, we provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions. And because we operate our own in-house screening service, you can purchase a policy immediately after declaring your existing medical conditions. It only takes a few minutes and can be done over the phone or online. Just call 0345 812 0047 or start a new quote here.

What medical conditions do you cover?

We can provide cover for many conditions - including heart disease, osteoporosis, cancer and diabetes. Cover may be subject to an additional premium.

I have a pre-existing medical condition. Will I need to complete medical screening?

In order to make sure you receive the right level of cover, all customers with a pre-existing medical condition must complete a simple medical screening declaration when obtaining a quote. Screening consists of a few questions about your condition(s) and how they are managed - and often only takes a few minutes to complete. You will be offered an accurate quote immediately after. start a new quote here.

Can I declare my medical conditions online?

Yes, we use an online screening system that makes it quick and easy to declare your medical conditions and receive a quote immediately after. Just follow the step-by-step prompts. You can start a new quote here.

I can't find my condition online. What next?

Don't panic. Just give us a call on 0345 812 0047 and one of our customer service team will be able to help you.

I'm pregnant. Can I still get cover?

Cover will be provided for unforeseen events, accidents, illnesses and diseases. There is no cover for any costs incurred as a result of normal pregnancy or childbirth.

Since purchasing the policy, my health condition has changed. Do I need to let you know?

You should check with your GP or medical practitioner that you are fit to travel. You will not be covered for medical emergency and repatriation expenses if you travel against medical advice. You may be able to claim for cancelling or cutting short your trip if this is medically necessary. Speak to our customer service team on 0345 812 0047 if you have any questions.

Do your policies cover repatriation?

Yes, all of our policies cover the cost of repatriation where specifically needed, arranged and authorised by the insurer via the emergency assistance service.

Can I get cover for a friend or family member's pre-existing medical condition?

Sometimes last-minute changes to a loved one's health can disrupt your holiday plans. Unfortunately we cannot cover you for cancellation or curtailment due to relatives, who are not travelling with you, falling ill as a result of an existing medical condition which could reasonably be expected to result in a claim.